Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
We believe there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth, we are recruiting for a part-time Accounts Assistant in our Banking team. The role requires working 21 hours per week over 3 days (Tuesday-Thursday). You will work closely with the existing members of the Banking team supporting our Finance Department. We are looking for a candidate with good organisational skills and previous experience of accounting. Computer literacy is essential with Excel knowledge to intermediate level.
- Administration of Company bank accounts
- Online banking, set up of payment files in multiple currencies
- Post bank transactions to SAP software
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Calculate month end exchange rate variance & post journals
- Good accounting skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excel skills at intermediate level
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to articulate financial information to “finance & non-finance people”
- Flexible & adaptable
- Experience in banking would be an advantage
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, however due to the current Coronavirus pandemic will require flexibility and some working from home.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.