£9.00 per hour
The Best Connection Group Limited
£21500.00 - £23300.00 per annum
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
£11.00 - £11.50 per hour
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
£8.91 - £11.00 per hour
Premier Work Support
Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
This Job Has Expired! This advert has now been deleted by the advertiser, the details below are for information only.
Job Title - Night Porter
Reporting to Night Manager
Hours - Full Time - 40 hours a week
Night Shifts between, 21.00 and 07.00 – 4 nights a week
The Spa Hotel is a family run, 4 star hotel with 70 bedrooms and a beautiful Spa.
With 8 event spaces, a beautiful outside wedding temple and 14 acres of stunning grounds our hotel is always busy with a variety of guests.
You will be an integral part of our busy night team, welcoming any late arriving guests and checking them in with a warm friendly welcome. You will also need to respond to any requests that may arise from our guests serving evening drinks, food and fulling other requests guests may have to make their stay more comfortable.
Having 8 function spaces this role is particularly physical as these are often in use each day and overnight you will assist with clearing and resetting the room to our high standard ready for the events the following day.
You are responsible for the hotel security and fire checks during your shift, which also need to be recorded in detail.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Adhere to all security and health and safety policies and complete checks on each shift
• Assisting guest with their luggage to and from the bedrooms
• Set all event suites to the specified layout to our high standard within the relevant time frame
• To answer any calls and operate the switchboard efficiently, including taking any messages and passing the details to the relevant person
• Initiating wake up calls when required
• Being responsible for the night porter’s float and balancing the monies correctly on each shift
• Taking bedroom bookings, payments and allocating rooms for any walk-in guests
• Having an understanding of all departments of the hotel
• Prepare cook and serve food and drinks from our night menu
• Ensuring all public areas are clear and clean/tidy any area as required
• Printing of guest bills and taking payment of any checkouts
• To always maintain personal hygiene standards
• Conduct a detailed handover to reception and the duty manager at the end of each shift
Knowledge and Experience
Previous experience in the hospitality and working nights is desirable but not essential.
Knowledge of Rezlynx, Microsoft office is preferable.
You must be able to work well under pressure with a strong attention to detail, meet deadlines and achieve targets, whilst offering the very highest level of customer service.
You must be determined and driven to ensure the business and department excels itself. We are looking for a team player, someone who is computer literate and have excellent communication skills.
• Uniform provided
• Staff gratuities (following successful probation)
• Free parking
• Discounted gym/spa (following successful probation)
• Local business discounts
Advertiser: Direct Employer