Working pattern 5 days Monday to Saturday (40 hours)
Salary £20592 per annum
We are currently working with a thriving distribution company who are recruiting for a Retail assistant to join their trade counter.
You will be required to provide an outstanding level of customer service on the busy trade counter who is the first choice for professionals looking for fantastic product ranges that are immediately available at truly competitive prices.
• To provide an excellent level of customer service to a wide variety of tradesmen and local builders, providing help and product advice as required.
• Building rapport with customers and proactively generating sales through the upselling of products.
• Investigating and resolving customer issues, escalating to the Branch Sales Manager where appropriate.
• Overseeing your allocated areas within the shop ensuring adherence to Health and Safety requirements, keeping the area clean and tidy, ensuring products are correctly priced and the display is well organised.
• Taking cash, credit card and account purchases via computerised tills, and reconciling cash at the end of the day.
• Identifying and reporting any concerns relating to theft of products.
• Taking customer orders over the phone and in person and having an eye for detail to ask the right questions if an order doesn’t look/sound right.
• Setting up trade and customer accounts on the inhouse system.
• Answering and resolving telephone queries from customers.
• Organising the stock room and general stock replenishment, especially to your designated areas.
• Monitoring stock levels and helping to minimise stock loss by watching for theft and through advising management of discrepancies.
• Providing cover and assistance anywhere within the branch (and other branches) as and when required.
• General re-dressing of the shop area to ensure products are displayed with maximum appeal to the customer.
• Selecting space for storage and arranging for goods to be placed in the designated areas.
• Making sure that all inventory processes are completed on the same day.
• Cleaning and tidying up at the end of the day.
• Consistently demonstrating and adhering to the brand values at all times.
The successful candidate will have
• Previous customer service experience.
• Experience with construction tool will be beneficial
• Good IT/system skills.
• Using mechanical handling equipment e.g. fork lift trucks (if licenced), would be an advantage.
• Strong customer service ethos with the desire to go above and beyond for the customer.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• The ability to work quickly and accurately with excellent attention to detail.
• Motivated with good organisational skills.
• Team worker but also happy and able to work unsupervised.
• Proactive with a high level of common sense.