Cygnet Health Care is one of the UK's largest independent providers of mental health care. Cygnet is now entering an exciting period of growth and we are looking to appoint a Trainee Payroll Administrator to join our growing Head Office Finance team based in Wrotham Heath, Sevenoaks.
Training will be given in the following areas but are not limited to:
· Ensuring national living wage and national minimum wage compliance, especially where salary sacrifice arrangements are concerned
· Liaising with onsite accounts teams/bureau and Hospital Management/Finance to ensure smooth flow of data in to the payroll process
· Answering queries from staff on all aspects of their pay and benefits
· Full month end processing including RTI submissions and collation of PAYE and pension deductions
· Assisting in collation and interpretation of staff data for compliance and group reporting purposes
· Full start to finish process for employees on a monthly payroll which incorporates various pay reference periods. This will include adding new starters, amendment to tax codes, pension contributions, student loan and court orders •processing company sick pay as well as statutory payments. Some of our payrolls are processed in house and others are sent to a Bureau so the role may be a mixture of the two.
Attention to detail • Accuracy • Microsoft Office applications • Experience – None required as full training will be given - although previous office experience is a bonus
Great Numeracy skills • Effective Time Management • Team Player • Good Written/Verbal Communication
We offer an excellent package which includes contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, 25 days annual leave plus an additional paid birthday and anniversary leave.