Flint Insurance are a forward-thinking specialist Commercial & Private Clients insurance brokers, creating insurance programs for businesses and High Net Worth Individuals.
Forget any preconceived negative thoughts you might have about financial services, you will be joining a successful business which values customers and their staff above all else, in one of the most varied industries.
There is no minimum educational entry level required, or previous experience that would not be considered – but only exceptional people with a desire to succeed should apply.
Previous successful graduates of the Flint Insurance training programme include people who have worked in larger Motor Dealers, Retail, Banks and Finance, Travel and Tourism.
Successful candidates will be trained to achieve a professional qualification, become part of one of the largest truly owner operated independent Insurance Brokers in the South East and enjoy a generous financial package.
Principal Duties and Key Tasks
To work across various departments within the business learning how to:
• New Business quoting, negotiating, broking and administration - Converting new business enquires in line with or in excess of company targets
• Renewal negotiating, broking and administration- Converting renewal business in line with or in excess of company targets
• Midterm adjustments & administration
• Maintaining day to day Compliance procedures for FCA Regulation
• Incoming and outbound call handling (new and existing clients)
• Effectively manage individual diary
• Cross Selling other insurance products
• Credit Control for clients
• Provide support to the Department Executives in accordance with office procedures
• Managing personal work workflow effectively and efficiently - Reporting Workflow to Manager
• Corresponding & Communicating with clients and insurers
• Corresponding and communicating with clients and insurance companies
• Maintaining a complete and comprehensive training record/log
• Sharing ideas or suggestions for business improvement with Management
• Advising Manager of any backlog in work in a timely manner
• Advising Manager of any debt recovery problems or contentious issues in a timely manner
This is not an exhaustive list and depending on your agreed career path these options may change.
Training and Development
Flint Insurance focuses heavily on training and development and a full induction and training plan will be provided to successful applicants. All staff can study for professional qualifications such as, Cii (Chartered Insurance Institute). Each placement provides employees to continually develop their knowledge and personal skills which could result in opportunities in other areas of the business. We will encourage further professional development to reach DIP status.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm / 10am to 6.30pm
£19,000 - £25,000
Perks at work
Working at Flint Insurance
Working at Flint offers a great opportunity to be part of a vibrant, fun and growing company. We have an inclusive culture and an exciting social calendar.
The office has a great location in Orpington which boasts:
• Free on-site parking
• Local amenities (gym, shops, restaurants & pubs within walking distance, opposite a golf course)
• Great outside space
Flint Insurance is an equal opportunities employer