Vanquis Bank is an exciting and innovative credit card provider who is part of a leading FTSE 250 Financial Group. With highly ambitious plans for future growth.
Here at Vanquis we do, and it’s what we believe has contributed most to our success.
Our business has grown so much since we started in 2002 and we’ve achieved this growth by encouraging our employees to put ideas forward, make decisions and constantly improve the service we provide for our customers.
It is Vanquis Bank’s policy to ensure that it carries out its business activity within Vanquis Bank’s TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) & Conduct Risk framework and in light of the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) guidance on Conduct Risk and TCF.
Reporting into Head of Digital you will be an integral part of the Digital team helping us develop and deliver outstanding digital products. You will be designing best in class user experiences founded on customer insight.
You could be working on features for the Vanquis Bank App, our brand new Vanquis Web Online Banking (not yet developed) or even a brand new customer experience that sits across our Operation.
• You’ll shape the way that we do Product Design, being responsible for creating a process that means we deliver great experiences and better products
• You’ll conduct user research to test new ideas and designs, producing qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform your product design
• You’ll iterate on ideas and use wire-framing and prototyping to get feedback quickly. You’ll have an eye for detail and care about pixel perfect, but appreciate the need for design trade-offs.
• You’ll work closely with our product owners, developers and stakeholders across the business to oversee the customer experience from concept to launch
• You’ll disrupt the current way of thinking within the organisation – bringing new ideas and driving a culture of design led user experiences
• You’ll immerse yourself in the customer experience to understand their needs and be passionate about making their experiences better. Banking can be tricky and you’ll need to make complex journeys easy to understand and simple to use.
• You’ll measure the success of your work and collaborate with our product owners to identify improvements
• You’ll be an awesome communicator and be able to articulate your design decisions to anybody
• You’ll be responsible for designing products that our customers will love. Customer adoption of digital products is imperative to the success of Vanquis.
• You'll have sound experience of working with external systems and partners as well as experience in developing and implementing strategic improvements
• You'll have excellent analytical skills, able to see the bigger picture and translate into actionable tasks
• You'll drive for results - take on challenging objectives and successfully overcome obstacles to deliver significant results
• You'll have excellent communication skills, able to build strong working relationships both within the business and with external stakeholders
• You'll have strong influencing skills while acting ethically at all times
• You'll be able to work from your own initiative but also be able to drive priorities of others
• You'll have a flexible approach to your work
To apply for this role please visit our website:
Please note: once the closing date has been reached we will review all CVs. Should we wish to progress your application we will contact you within four weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to six months for this purpose. If you do not wish us to contact you or hold your CV on file for six months please contact us. We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our