1st Line IT Support Technician
Competitive salary dependent on experience.
Training available for out systems.
Come and join a leading, well established and award-winning family run business!
Reporting to the IT Manager based in Maidstone, Kent, we require an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our busy and growing IT Department, assisting with initial fault diagnostic and remedy of day-to-day issues with the Company’s IT equipment, along with assisting in project work and the deployment of new equipment.
This role would suit someone with industry certification such as CompTIA or someone with industry experience or a bright, enthusiastic apprentice may be considered.
• Answering of 1st line support calls, and logging on to the ticket system.
• Providing basic 1st Line IT support, initial fault diagnostic and feeding into 2nd Line if required. Providing remote support on basic troubleshooting/software issues, password resets etc.
• Setup of new PC, mobile phones and tablets.
• Printer troubleshooting.
• Basic network troubleshooting.
• Monitoring reporting from key systems for issues. Such as anti-virus alerts, backup failures etc.
• Patch management and Windows update tracking.
• Assisting with ink/toner tracking and dispatch.
• Other adhoc duties, as appropriate.
• Working knowledge of Keyloop (CDK/Kerridge), Ubiquiti, ticketing systems, email filtering and cyber security would be advantageous.
• Active Directory, group policies and Office 365 administration experience
• Understanding of DNS, DHCP and VPN setup
• Knowledge of PC & Printer troubleshooting on Windows 10
• Experienced with iOS device setup and deployment within a business. Assisting users with migrations to new handsets and moving their data.
• Avaya phone system admin experience or training would prove beneficial
• Motor industry experience would be preferred but is not essential.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with a positive 'can do' attitude.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a busy team.
• Excellent organisational skills & high attention to detail.
• Good verbal and listening skills for effective communication with the members of staff at all levels via telephone, email and in person to understand their needs.
• Able to work under pressure or to tight deadlines.
• Well-presented, professional but friendly approach to business.
• Willingness to travel between locations
• Driving license
• Flexibility in duties.
Interpersonnel Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency for our client for this particular role. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. All our current vacancies are on our website