Rogers House has vacancies for two part time Food Services Assistants, who\'s main duties and responsibilities will include maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen, dining areas and the food preparation areas, and assist the Head Cook and Second Cook when required.
The ideal Food Services Assistant will demonstrate
o A caring and compassionate approach
o Patience and understanding of older people
o Knowledge of or a willingness to be trained in the correct procedures for carrying out all of their duties including use of moving and handling equipment
o Awareness of cultural and dietary needs of individuals
o Current knowledge of HandS legislation and application of HandS practices with particular regard to catering equipment
o Knowledge and understanding of COSHH regulations
o Good communication skills with different groups, e.g. staff, residents, local community
o Understanding of different values / cultures of residents and staff
o Team working skills
o Good timekeeping skills
The ideal Food Services Assistant will have the ability to:
o Play an active role in creating a good environment
o Prioritise their work
o Be aware of the support needed by others, consider how they can support them and encourage and support them
o Train for and take on additional responsibilities
o Listen carefully and attentively
o Respect the dignity and privacy of all those they come into contact with
o Apply their knowledge and training in the workplace
o Uphold the policies and procedures of The Organisation
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme supporting your mental health
- Comprehensive induction and training packages with buddy support
- We pay the Adult National Living Wage to all of our employees, regardless of age
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rota if part time)
- Free parking at all of our services
- Be a part of an established, growing organisation with over 50 years experience
Experience isn\'t essential but an empathetic and caring nature is, so if you are a compassionate person with patience and a willingness to learn, we want to hear from you.
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS?
- You\'ll play a key role in supporting our residents with all aspects of their daily life, including updating records and care plans, answering emergency calls, greeting visitors etc
Subject to change, confirmation of all appointments is subject to proof of Eligibility to Work in the UK, satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references, satisfactory numeracy and literacy assessments and medical clearance.
Rapport Housing and Care values the diversity that exists in all our communities and works towards this being reflected in our workforce.
Charity No: 254140.