We are working with a global manufacturing company to resource for a Web Developer to join an existing IT team. Reporting to the IT Services Manager, you will be provide services for a number of businesses within the Group - in the UK, the US and India.
As a Web Developer, you will be working in a dynamic team, who use technology as a business enabler. The current web applications have been developed using a mix of technologies including WAMP and LAMP stack, and HCL Domino. You will provide support for the current applications as well as developing new applications and the current programs include the migration of HCL Domino applications to modern application development stacks. Your role will be to recommend solutions and methodologies for this migration, which will require strong PHP and SQL knowledge as well as front end development skills.
* Web application development and support.
* Support existing SQL database packages and procedures.
* Provide support for IBM Domino & Xpages applications in collaboration with our third party Domino support company.
* Engage in all areas of SDLC - testing, documentation, implementation and release management process for the systems.
* Support and develop interfaces between Web applications and other business solutions.
* Implement security and data protection measures for existing and new applications.
* Understand and perform maintenance of systems including diagnosis and resolution of technical problems which may be of a complex nature.
* Prepare system documentation including technical and end user manuals.
* Evaluate new products and technologies as required by the business.
* Keep up to date with relevant technology related to the company's software solutions, which may include attending conferences and training.
* Review of current systems and presentation of ideas for system improvements
You should have a passion for IT and learning about existing and new technologies, with knowledge of PHP (Including LARAVEL Framework), CSS, MySQL, MS SQL, JAVA Script and of GIT version control processes. The ability to produce detailed specifications and write program code and develop effective testing procedures is an essential requirement. Additionally, you will have experience in creating and maintaining object oriented PHP based systems, working with MSSQL and MySQL and with Laravel, with a proficient understanding with software testing andfront end languages.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975. Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all. Twitter: @nagforjobs