£20000 - £22000 per annum
£24000 - £25000 per annum
Premier Work Support
£08.91 - £9.91 per hour
Up to £28000 per annum
£24000 - £26000 per annum + D.O.E.
Premier Work Support
£18,915 p.a. (£9.70 per hour)
This Job Has Expired! This advert has now been deleted by the advertiser, the details below are for information only.
Location: Barham, Kent
Hours: 37.5pw Mon-Fri (Flexible times, expected to work 1 weekend in 3)
Salary Details: £18,915 p.a. (£9.70 per hour)
Coveberry, part of the CareTech family, are a leading specialist healthcare provider, with Hospitals and centres throughout England, delivering wide ranging services in Adult Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, Specialist Brain Injury, Child and Adult Mental Health Services (CAMHS) including eating disorders, and social care for children with special needs.
We are currently looking to appoint a Full Time Chef to join our team. You may previously have held similar posts such as Catering Assistant and Chef, making this the right role for you.
• Previous experience within a Catering environment
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The preparation, cooking and serving of food of the highest standards and which is appropriate to and meets the needs of the patients, staff and visitors.
• Regularly reviewing the menus in line with patients, staff and visitors requirements, including the provision of special diets.
• Communicating effectively with patients, staff and visitors to ensure the provision of relevant, appealing diets.
• Ensuring the effective control of raw materials, labour, equipment and supplies and keeping costs in line with agreed budgets.
• Take personal responsibility for hygiene and safety standards within the Catering areas (main kitchen, servery, staff dining area, catering store rooms including fridges and freezers and catering staff changing rooms) ensuring compliance with HACCP and all statutory and regulatory requirements.
• To conform at all times to the Policies and Procedures of the Company, with particular regard to confidentiality, financial and administrative responsibilities, promoting the health and safety of patients, staff and visitors, and to treat patients, colleagues and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
• The post-holder will provide professional catering advice and input to care of patients in the unit.
• The post-holder will ensure that they maintain their own professional skills and competencies and develop those of the catering staff in line with the requirements of the Company and best practice.
• The post-holder will be required to provide catering advice based on sound evidence and best practice to members of the multi-disciplinary and senior management teams.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities; the post holder may be required to undertake other duties following appropriate discussion with their line manager.
Who we are!
Cedar House is a 40-bed hospital for adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, personality disorders, autism and challenging behaviours, who are detained under the Mental Health Act. Cedar House enjoys a beautiful rural location situated in the village of Barham, on the outskirts of Canterbury and is easily accessible by public transport, being on the main bus route between Canterbury and Folkestone.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. If you have not heard back within 14 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion.
Posted on: 2022-09-03 13:34:18