Sales Office & Marketing Assistant - Job Description
Novia Ltd is the UK’s leading supplier of Building Papers, and markets an extensive range of construction membrane products. We service our UK and international customer base from our site in Maidstone, Kent.
Novia Ltd is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join our busy team, primarily supporting our administration and marketing functions. The successful candidate for this pivotal role will be the key administrator behind our sales office fulfilment process, but will also be expected to perform other administrative and marketing duties as directed. You will be one of the first points of contact for incoming product and general customer enquiries, and so must have excellent customer service skills. Candidates must also be highly adaptable and be willing and capable of working in all parts of the business.
Applicants should have relevant experience, ideally from within the building products sector. Alternatively, we would consider applications from a school leaver/graduate trainee wishing to join our dynamic and growing business, who displays the basic raw attributes we require. Full training on company products and processes will be provided.
Key tasks - In order to fulfil the role in its entirety, the successful candidate will:
o Process day-to-day sales orders on SAGE 50 accounts software, as directed by the sales team
o Make proactive outgoing telephone calls to customers
o Answer reactive incoming customer calls and resolve non-technical queries
o Proactively contact clients to update customer order information or follow up on any outstanding queries
o Organise despatch of sales orders via courier/haulier services
o Liaise with staff responsible for purchasing to ensure we meet the customers’ needs
o Generate all sales order related paperwork, i.e. despatch notes/invoices/labels
o Organise postage of samples & sales order paperwork
o Maintain and update sales and customer records
o Assist with the administration of company marketing campaigns
o Assist with the administration of company objectives/projects
o After training the successful candidate will need to have a developed a reasonable understanding of Novia Ltd products from a non-technical point of view.
Sales Office & Marketing Assistant - Qualifications & Experience
It is preferred, but not essential, that the successful candidate should:
• Have achieved a degree or equivalent in either Business or an associated technical subject
• Have previous work experience of working in a customer focused office environment within a small friendly team
• Be familiar with Sage 50 Accounts and ACT CRM software, but all candidates must be fully proficient with Microsoft Office software.
Key Characteristics - The successful candidate will:
• Provide excellent customer service to our clients and suppliers
• Be hard-working, honest, and reliable
• Be numerate, literate, and have good IT skills
• Have excellent organisational skills
• Have good time management and the ability to meet deadlines
• Be able to effectively manage multiple tasks & projects simultaneously
• Be outgoing, personable, confident and approachable
• Be eager to learn - full training will be provided
• Work well in a small team, and be a team player
• Follow company policy and standard QMS procedures at all times
• Carry out other duties as directed by senior management
Novia Ltd has a growing sales office team and candidates must be comfortable operating within this environment. Applications are invited from candidates fitting the above profile. In return we offer a good basic salary, employee pension scheme, company bonus scheme and 25 days paid annual leave.