My Client is a World Leader in their Industry, and has been for over 100 years. They have a very stable workforce and business wise are in a very healthy situation. To increase this standing in industry, they are now looking for a Maintenance Development Engineer to be responsible for the maintenance and development of the Computerised Maintenance Management System (SAP).
You will assist in the strategic development of the maintenance philosophy, by implementing new maintenance techniques and procedures directed at increasing the overall plant availability in line with budget expectations. You will also be directly involved in the planning stages of all planned shutdowns.
The Role: Maintenance Development Engineer
* Work as part of a team striving for continual improvement
* To act as the authorised /nominated person, for issuing safety permits as and when required.
* Develop and be a part of the WCM culture, by developing procedures and initiatives
* Assist in the implementation of equipment upgrades and replacement
* Be a key member in the planning, execution and completion of the annual planned shutdowns
* To be actively involved in the day to day use of, implementation and the development of, the CMMS (SAP).
* ONC/HNC qualified (or equivalent) in either Electrical, Controls, Instrumentation or Mechanical engineering.
* Ideally having completed a recognised apprenticeship
* Previous experience from within a comparable manufacturing industry, or Paper, EFW or Power industries.
* Previous CMMS (ideally SAP) experience
* Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
* Good communication skills at all levels, both verbally and written.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, with a proactive and flexible approach to all tasks.
* The ability to manage numerous sub-contractors in a planned shutdown environment.
* Good attention to detail with problem solving and analysis skills.
* You must have your own transport due the location
Monday to Friday - 08:00-16:00, 30 minutes unpaid for lunch
Due to deputising for the Engineering Manager and Maintenance Team Members, when required:
* Weekend working will be required on occasions outside of outage periods
* During planned outages or specific times of heavy work load within the department extended periods of additional site attendance 12 hour days as required is essential
* There may be a requirement to be involved in a 24hour on call rota with a frequency no greater than 1 week in 4
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.