ACTIVITIES CO-ORDINATOR/SUPPORT WORKER
Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4.30pm
Bethersden Ashford, Kent (with parking)
£10.00 per hour
Free on-site parking.
Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
20 days holiday + bank holidays
Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
Dedicated learning & development programmes.
We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
Refer a Friend Reward Scheme – earn up to £250 per referral!
Share Save Scheme
Free Employee Assistance Programme
Annual Employee Awards Evening
Employee recognition schemes
Carer progression within the company.
CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants.
To provide support through a wide range of activities to residents with differing conditions. The successful candidate will be creative, open to suggestions and wishing to provide the very best in fulfilling, person-centred activities
• To provide varied and challenging activities to Whiston residents on an individual and group basis from a prepared weekly programme.
• Hold a full clean driving licence ability to drive a 10 seater minibus on outings with residents
• Support the Care Support Staff in delivering person-centred care when required by providing cover during absences.
• To encourage residents to pursue their hobbies
• To maintain good liaison links between the family and friends of residents in order to ascertain how best to meet the residents’ personal needs
• To ensure that accurate, legible Daily Records are maintained on residents that they work with
• Ensure that an accurate, legible record of activities offered is maintained and also of residents accepting or declining the offered activity.
• Ensure that all activities undertaken are done so in a safe and professional manner
• To ensure that company vehicles are kept clean and tidy following use
• To attend Supervision on a minimum of 6 times a year and appraisal once a year.
• To attend Staff Training sessions as directed.
• To adhere CQC standards, regulations and all CareTech policies and procedures and Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers Standards in England, Wales and Scotland.
• To maintain the excellent reputation of the Caretech Group and Summerlands in particular
• To complete other reasonable duties as directed by the service manager/deputy and as required by the operational need of the business.
• To assist services users with food and fluids.
Whiston House is a care home which provides care and support for up to 11 people with learning disabilities. This Service is situated close to local shop, has lots of on site parking and easy access to public transport. The service users have requested some who is kind, friendly and who will take them to football matches and the local pub.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a “Disability Confident Leader”.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010