Main Purpose of the Job:
To understand the business requirements of individual departments and with them write product specifications to develop web applications or integrate web apps with existing systems. This role will be responsible for ongoing development of existing and new web applications and will involve working closely with existing RBLI software vendors as well as in-house business units.
Work alongside the wider Business Systems team providing support as required to all areas of the business.
Overview of the Role & Team:
This role works within a very diverse business and will allow us to offer more services to existing and new customers, internal and externally.
You will work within a team of 5 which consists of a Systems Developer, 2 x IT Support Engineers and an Information Security Officer reporting in to the Head of Business Systems. The team itself is small and close knit and you will need to be a team player but also happy to work independently as you will be fully responsible for all web development projects.
This role will be a mix of home and office based
Your Key Responsibilities:
Understanding System Requirements:
• Work with managers across the business to understand their specific requirements.
• Write specifications or work with Managers to assist them to write the specification.
Development of Front End Sites:
• Provide technical support to marketing team for WordPress sites
• Developing front end custom code / modules as required
Monthly Maintenance and Security:
• Removal of old data from databases
• Server space monitoring
• Server error log monitoring
• Updating all WordPress sites and plugins
• Backup any local development data
• User monitoring on all sites
• Integrate existing systems with external API’s.
• Work with external providers and internal users to manage integrations
Skills & Experience Required:
• 3 years web development experience
• Capable of autonomously managing the full web application development lifecycle
• WordPress - intermediate
• Managing relational databases
• Ability to put web apps live on the server
• Basic server management, SSL, Space, Logs etc.
• Able to demonstrate a portfolio of previous web applications
• Ability to understand users business requirements and form a specification document
• Software Testing
• Windows / VSCode
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to [email protected] RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to [email protected]
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email [email protected] or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2021