Are you looking for an exciting new challenge working for an amazing charity? Following a period of rapid growth we are looking for a competent administrator with HR experience and an aptitude for problem solving and improving systems and processes. This role would suit an enthusiastic HR administrator who is looking to develop within the role to officer level or someone ready for that next step up.
Job Description: HR Assistant / HR Officer
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday or part time considered for the right candidate
Annual Leave: 25 days FTE (plus bank holidays)
Salary: £18,000 – 23,000 depending on experience
Employed by: Involve Kent
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Closing Date: 1st October 2021 (we reserve the right to close this early so please apply promptly)
Start Date: Immediate start available
Based: Turkey Mill, Maidstone (Please note due to COVID-19 restrictions also required to work from home)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide an administrative service for all aspects of the ‘employee lifecycle’ including, but not limited to, recruitment advertising, employee checks, contracts of employment, variations to employment, advice on terms and conditions of employment to both managers and employees.
Involve Kent aims to improve health and empower people and communities to live well and is currently expanding services across Kent agreeing new contracts with local councils and NHS primary care networks. The HR assistant will fulfil core central services task to ensure the smooth and compliant running of the organisation.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To carry out all administrative processing and transactional work relating to the ‘employee life cycle’ from recruitment to post-employment.
• Processing of personal and sensitive employee information in a legally compliant manner using electronic systems.
• Maintain data accuracy within the HR systems ensuring annual leave, sickness and contractual data is up to date.
• Using the internal HR system, manage the staff training matrix ensuring that staff are booked on relevant training when training is either required or expiring.
• Manage the administration of offer letter, contracts and all relevant documents for new staff.
• Provide payroll information to the Finance Manager within deadlines required.
• Manage the DBS process and ensure safeguarding compliance
• Deal with HR enquiries from staff.
• Manage the probation and appraisal systems and review reminder system in managers’ diaries.
• Take notes in any formal internal HR meeting between staff and managers which may include redundancies and disciplinaries.
• Support the Senior Management Team with general administration including scheduling meetings, ordering equipment, note taking, letter writing and data entry.
• Support the Business Support Manager with monitoring policy review and ensuring that policy is presented to the board when required.
• Support with compliance including HR, Health and Safety and GDPR. Including using the NHS toolkit and ISO90001.
• Support the Finance Manager with data input and checking, including logging invoices and assisting with payment run and checking details against invoices.
• Answer calls from the public when required.
• Any other administration duties required.
• Maintain awareness of HR and employment law practice.
• Advertise current vacancies through a number of channels, managing costs and analysing effectiveness.
• Sort applications received and respond to initial enquiries from potential candidates.
• Liaise with the Senior Management Team throughout the selection process.
• Book interviews with candidates, ensure that meeting rooms are arranged, and that relevant staff are provided with details and produce all documentation required.
• Liaise with successful candidates prior to employment and inform unsuccessful candidates of the outcome.
• Record all details of the recruitment process and applicants in the correct files and ensure that records are destroyed in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
• Ensure the Equal Opportunities and Diversity policy is always implemented and followed.
• Strong organisational skills, including managing a varied workload and the ability to meet strict deadline and targets.
• Experience of handling, analysing and interpreting data and summarising the results in reports.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), when dealing with all levels of staff, clients, and external partners.
• Excellent IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) and experience with HR systems.
• Ability to take accurate notes and minutes of meetings.
• Awareness of Data Protection and confidentiality issues.
• Experience of working with databases, including data entry with a high level of accuracy.
• Have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude.
• Experience of working as part of a wider team and working alone.
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues to resolve problems and improve processes.
• Knowledge and understanding of different recruitment processes.
• Knowledge and experience of carrying out DBS checks.
• Experience of working in a Human Resources team.
• Knowledge of the services provided by Social Care, Health and Wellbeing.
• Level 3 HR related qualification or working towards.