A part time role exists at MPB Industries Ltd, an SDI Group company, for a financial controller. The jobholder will report to the Managing Director, and will also have dealings with SDI head office in Cambridge.
Job Duties include:
• Recording financial transactions on Sage accounts
• Posting journal entries
• Handling accounts payable and receivable
• Completing tax forms
• Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets and reporting to Head Office on a monthly basis
• Paying regular bills for the company
• Handling client invoices by recording and approving or denying the payments
• Maintaining company ledgers
• Invoicing deliveries and paying vendors for their goods and services
• Preparing purchase orders in accordance with requests for materials
• Weekly reconciliation of bank accounts
• Preparing information for auditors
• Keeping an annual company budget
• Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
• Additional duties as designated by management
The successful applicant will be expected to gain an understanding of the commercial aspects of the business and to improve the financial management and reporting of the business.
Hours: Part Time
Salary: Negotiable – Based on an 18 hour week over 3 days
Working hours: Flexible but would be between 08:30 and 17:30 on weekdays
Notice period: 1 month
Holidays: 5 weeks per annum (pro-rata), plus statutory holidays.
Start date: ASAP