TITLE OF POST: Community Support Worker
REPORTING TO: Head of Projects and Safeguarding
HOURS OF WORK: Full time
SALARY: £20k - £22k
PLACE OF WORK: Kent
We are the leading provider of specialist homelessness accommodation services to the South East, and we are searching for new staff looking to develop their career in Housing. If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a vibrant established company, then this your chance to make a difference in many local communities and broaden your Housing career’s horizons. This exciting new role will involve you assisting local homeless households across Kent. Your main aim will be to provide support to clients housed within our accommodation with referrals and signposting to relevant agencies. You will be a positive presence in and around the community, responding to the accommodation needs of the residents and ensuring we have gone the extra mile.
All equipment and clothing are provided. You must pass a DBS check and be a UK citizen or free to work in the UK. Evidence of this will be requested.
In relation to service users/clients
• Travelling between households of temporary accommodation across Kent to meet the operational needs of the business.
• Undertake support planning incorporating risk management, alongside the client to assess their strengths and areas where the client
• Manage and key-work clients and undertake the role of advocate. Contribute to the continual improvement of service effectiveness,
ensuring that service users or internal customers receive a high-quality outcome-focused service.
• Provide key-work, support any crisis intervention work, complete case recording, face to face work, group work, advice giving, advocacy
and other interpersonal work.
• Ensuring that the required case notes and monitoring is completed including the updating of case files.
• Contribute to the provision of timely and accurate information, reports and analysis to Head of Projects and Safeguarding.
• Contribute to the regular review of the effectiveness of service delivery, involving service users and other stakeholders in this process.
• Promote best practice, including person-centred support planning and effective casework management.
• Maintain good working relationships with colleagues in other Paramount teams as appropriate.
• Represent Paramount at other external meetings as required.
• Maintain clear boundaries often with challenging clients, promoting client’s independence and meaningful community presence.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with partner organisations, external agencies and relevant voluntary & statutory
agencies and individuals over a wide range of issues affecting our clients
• To support the client in managing their own finances and budgeting.
• To support clients in undertaking household tasks and responsibilities – this includes domestic work (and to enable them to sustain their
license agreement when applicable)
• To carry out all necessary administration in relation to the casework task. To complete support notes, accounting for the support you have
provided to the client.
• To carry out, within reason, any other duties necessary to the smooth running of the project.
You must be an excellent communicator, have good customer service skills and have a friendly and helpful approach.
The hours can be flexible, but you may occasionally be required to work occasional weekends or until 8pm in the evening (notice of this would be given in advance).