ACCA Qualified - Software Training Consultant
Salary up to £45k DOE + pension, life insurance & company profit share scheme
Our client is the world’s leading supplier of financial reporting, audit and data analytical software to the professional accountant. They are a growing, profitable business serving clients of all sizes, from FTSE 100 companies to local accounting firms. They are now looking for an ACA or ACCA qualified or part-qualified accountant, with sound accounting practice experience. You will have a particular interest in technology and how it supports the work of an accounting team, and you are likely to have had some experience of using automated accounts production systems.
In this role you will be responsible for providing classroom and online training services for all of their professional and corporate clients. This will be a mixture of standard off-the-shelf modules and bespoke programmes. You will also be responsible for maintaining existing training material, creating new courses and generating video and audio content for the online training service.
This is currently a home-based role, but you will be expected to travel to clients once current restrictions are lifted and this could be anywhere throughout the UK and Eire. There will also be an expectation to visit the offices based in Maidstone, Kent on a regular basis (twice a month)
You will be an ACA or ACCA qualified or part-qualified accountant, with sound accounting practice experience. You will have a particular interest in technology and how it supports the work of an accounting team, and you are likely to have had some experience of using automated accounts production systems.
Candidates with a strong knowledge of audit would have an advantage.
The role involves travel throughout the UK and Eire.
· 5+ years of experience in a statutory accounting or compliance role
· A formal full or part qualification in accounting
· Client contact experience
· Strong presentation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A strong interest in Information technology, Cloud technology, and its application within the finance sector
· Strong work ethic and an ability to work with minimal supervision
· Patient and persistent
· An attention to detail and accuracy
· Highly competent in the use of standard office IT systems
· Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work as a team
· An aptitude for learning
· Commercial awareness
· A full driving licence, valid to drive in the UK
· To provide training in the use of the software and the company’s suite of templates, as and when required, to any user or potential user, either at the company’s training centre or at user firms’ offices
· To assist the Education & Media Manager in maintaining and/or developing suitable training material for use on the company’s training courses
· To assist with the maintenance and development of training material to assist users in the operation of the company’s templates
· To work with subject matter experts to research, develop and deliver new material including, articles, video and audio content
· To assist with the preparation of video and audio training material, including webinars
· To provide internal training to staff on product updates as and when required
· To assist the Support Team on non-training days, answering client calls, dealing with any problems that may arise, including repairing client files that are sent in electronically for attention
· To maintain your professional knowledge and remain up to date with current trends in the accounting software and cloud software market
· To provide office based pre-sales support
o Reviews of client reporting requirements
o Query handling
o Preparation of training proposals
· Support other internal teams as required with advice and guidance on Education and Media matters
· Attend service meetings at key clients as required