Digital and Lifelong Learning - Quality Assurance
Salary: £34,804 to £39,152 per annum
Grade: Grade 7
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Release Date: Friday 11 June 2021
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Sunday 04 July 2021 (unless otherwise stated)
Interview Date: Monday 12 July 2021
Our new and exciting Digital and Lifelong Learning (DaLL) department is looking to appoint a Quality, Improvement and Compliance Officer.
In this role you will lead the correct application of University and external regulations, policies and procedures. Working closely with the Head of Profession for Quality Assurance (QA) you will ensure Digital and Lifelong Learning (DaLL) practices and provision is compliant with University, and Sector, regulatory frameworks, whilst supporting DaLL to achieve its wider strategy.
You will respond to the sector’s move to greater regulation and associated risk from non-compliance, as well as lead, and advise on Sector wide rankings that will inform future strategy and priority areas of work.
As Quality, Improvement and Compliance Officer you will;
• provide leadership and advice to DaLL Senior Leadership Team (SLT) focused on suggestions for QA improvements to ensure compliance across all provision
• provide clear and accurate QA management and advice (including in areas of ambiguity) to ensure its activities align with University and external regulations and support its quality assurance strategies and initiatives
• conduct in-depth analysis and create timely reports to assist with monitoring progress against agreed targets
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
• demonstrable experience of working of, and sound working knowledge of quality assurance procedures in higher education
• detailed knowledge of apprenticeship standards (and frameworks)
• demonstrable experience of managing relationships with regulatory or accreditation bodies and an in-depth knowledge of accreditation processes, standards and criteria
The University of Kent has delivered higher apprenticeships since 2011, working with industry leading employers including GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and the Government Economics Service.
The department of Digital and Lifelong Learning at Kent was established to build on this experience to help deliver apprenticeships and academic programmes tailored to learner and employer needs. It also has an important role to play within the University, supporting academic schools on all aspects of delivering apprenticeship training, academic programmes and the Lifelong Learning agenda.
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on [email protected] quoting ref number: CSF-241-21