Job Title - Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Duration - 2 months full time
Location - East London
Pay - up to £200 per day
Qualifications - QTS and relevant VI qualification
* Be a qualified teacher of vision impairment and oversee pupils who require braille to access learning.
* To lead on demonstrating, modelling and supporting schools and settings with the assessment of children and young people with visual impairment
* To advise on the effectiveness of, and when necessary justify the use of, specialised techniques and materials
* To provide support to schools and setting in the planning of learning and so that pupils access knowledge and skills identified an appropriate curriculum
* To assess and influence the development and direction of the work undertaken by other teachers, TAs and other support staff.
* To liaise with the mobility and independence officer to contribute to their efficient deployment.
* To oversee adaptation of learning materials.
* To plan and deliver training including training in the use of specialised programmes and equipment.
* To advice and support schools with preparation for, and support with transitions
* To actively maintain and develop up to date knowledge and skill in the field .
* To attend support and supervision meetings, training days and other in-service activities
Benefits of working for Commercial Services:
* DBS and compliance service
* Access to a wide range of roles nationwide, as well as exclusive roles to Commercial Services
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
* Reward schemes such as Refer a Friend
* Prompt and reliable payroll system
* Work for an agency owned by Kent County Council
If interested in this role or any other, please contact [email protected]
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.