Ecologia Environmental Solutions Ltd part of the RSK Group Ltd is a multi-disciplinary, specialist contaminated land consultant/contractor that provides advice and undertakes site investigation and remediation projects across the UK and Europe. The work involves an interesting mix of site-based work, with additional office and workshop-based duties and a requires an adaptable approach to assist with urgent response situations. The candidate will primarily support our work in our Environmental Claims division, dealing with land-based oil spills and other incidents. Working within a small team, candidates will be required to assist in the response to pollution incidents, remediation of oil spills, investigation and remediation of contaminated land.
Site duties will include
• Assisting with emergency oil spill response including installation of absorption booms, pumps, extraction fans and venturie aeration systems
• Supervise excavations
• Prepare & send samples to accredited laboratories
• Undertake remediation site inspections
• Liaise with contractors
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Procedures
• Provide feedback to the Project Manager from site
• Assisting with site investigations
• Soil and Groundwater sampling
• Operate scientific equipment
Office based duties
• Assist with maintenance and cleaning of yard, vehicles, stores and equipment,
The successful candidate could come from a range of different backgrounds; our key requirement is for a confident, personable, physically fit and practical individual with a flexible attitude to work.
• The ability to work outdoors as an effective member of a team and on your own initiative.
• CSCS card is desirable, but can be obtained while employed.
• An NVQ or City + Guilts in a mechanical, electrical or engineering subject is desirable, but not essential
• A qualification of an environmental/landscaping or construction-related subject is desirable, but not essential
• Good communication and problem-solving skills are essential
• A basic ability to use common computer software (Word, Excel) is required
• The position will require willingness to travel across the South East and at times, further afield
• A full and valid UK/EC driving license is essential
• Must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
Salary and benefits
• £19,000 - £22,000 dependent on experience
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, Healthshield cash plan, payroll giving and cycle-to-work scheme
• Training and Development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that is consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We strive to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Please forward your CV to [email protected] and use Maintenance Operative in the subject line for easy access to your application. Closing date is 10 July 2021 and we can only communicate with short-listed candidates.