Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for a full time Accounts Assistant (Purchase Ledger). We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional individual to support our Finance Department.
The ideal candidate should have good oral and written communication as well as time management and organisational skills and will be able to work well in a fast-paced environment. Computer literacy and having experience in using MS Office applications, especially Excel is essential.
-Match inventory supplier invoices to goods receipts in SAP. Where they do not match, follow up with the Merchandising Team and suppliers to
resolve the differences in a timely manner.
- Ensure all supplier invoices are correctly processed and accounted for within deadline.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Organise weekly payment runs, bank detail checks and send out remittance advices.
- Open and sort mail.
- Manage the Finance “Inbox”
- Answer queries from internal and external contacts (ensure suppliers pay any amounts owed to Childrensalon).
- Ad hoc projects as required.
- Ability to work at speed and with accuracy.
- Good level of written and spoken English, able to work with senior managers and suppliers.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Experience of using SAP and matching invoices to purchase orders an advantage.
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, however, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic will require flexibility and some working from home. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.