W.E Roberts is offering the exciting opportunity for a Forklift Driver to join our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet.
We aim to maximise employee potential and aspire to be recognised as an industry leader that exceeds customer expectations.
We currently have a vacancy for our 2pm to 10pm (Monday to Friday) shift.
The right candidate will be an experienced Fork-Lift Driver with vehicle loading/unloading experience and a Counterbalance forklift licence who is a proactive, hardworking, dedicated and reliable individual who is flexible and willing to learn and take on new skills.
You will be part of a team, which work 5 days per week, split over 3 shifts. You will need to be able to work effectively with personnel from other departments within the business to ensure maximum productivity for the business.
You will need a flexible attitude towards weekend working/ overtime to meeting the changing needs of the business.
Duties for the role will include:
• Ensuring that the trucks on site are in a safe condition and all pre drive checks have been carried out and recorded before you drive your truck;
• Responsible for unloading & loading of HGV’s from both our own fleet and 3rd party
• Ensuring all vehicles are loaded and strapped in a safe and secure manor
• Ensuring the yard and vehicle flow are organised to maximise productivity
• Working with the other fork truck drivers within your shift and department to ensure you are working efficiently and in keeping with all company policies and guidelines
• Working with the HGV driver team within your shift to ensure the site runs with maximum efficiency.
• Liaising with our Thames works production site to minimise delays and maximise productivity
• Work & communicate with other personnel within the business where necessary.
• Liaising with Transport Manager & Dispatch manager with any issues.
• Input into providing a clear handover to the next shift.
• Some computer/ administrative work within your shift
• Ensuring that you and staff around you are proactive & fully compliant with all areas of H&S including regulations.
• Responsible for quality control for products coming in and out of the site.
• Any other duties as authorised and necessitated by the needs of the business.
Full training will be given to the successful candidate, however, to apply for this role you MUST have ALL the key attributes described below:
• counterbalance forklift license is essential (please do not apply if you are not qualified for this position);
• previous forklift experience;
• Able to speak English;
• Physically fit;
• Willing to work shifts;
• Willing to learn;
Please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Candidates will be expected to have a good understanding of the company and the role and be able to demonstrate that they have the key attributes described above.
In order to help us with our interviewing process, please submit a short cover letter or a video (maximum size 40 MB) outlining why you would be a suitable candidate for this role
GDPR Privacy Notice
As part of the recruitment process, we will collect personal data about you from your CV and job application. This will be used in the recruitment process to help us shortlist and contact candidates for the role. Any data held shall be processed fairly and lawfully and in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act. Your data will be kept confidential and stored in a secure location which only relevant employees related to the recruitment process can access.
Your data will be held for a period of six months following the closure of the recruitment campaign in case you are suitable for any other positions. After that period expires your details will be removed from the system. If you do not wish for us to retain your data for other roles please make that clear on your application.
For further information on how we collect and process your data please request our privacy notice for job applicants.