Job Title: Operations Manager - Care sector
Location: Folkestone (50% office based in Folkestone, 50% visiting sites across Kent)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am - 5pm
Benefits: Car allowance (£250-£300 a month)
20 days' annual leave + bank holidays
Discretionary enhancement for on call
Discretionary bonus scheme
Blue Light online benefits and cashback rewards
Excellent induction and ongoing training
As the Operations Manager you will be part of the senior management team and must have extensive experience in the care sector as well as experience of proactively leading a busy management team. The role will have responsibility for the oversight and management of several Service Delivery Managers and their allocated clusters of services to ensure care and service operations are delivered safely and in accordance with the needs of the service users.
The key purpose of this role is to work within Company policies and guidelines to lead and develop a culture that values the very highest standards of safety, quality and excellent service user care.
Key responsibilities within your new role would be to:
* Leading and managing the Management Team across all aspects of day to day business deliverables; through supervision, effective management, personal development, and succession planning.
* Ensuring compliance with all statutory regulatory bodies and company policies and procedures.
* Managing relationships with third party professionals, staff teams, Service User families and all other stakeholders as required.
* Monitoring of all financial controllables and care hour delivery against the local authority placement contracts and agreed funding matrix.
* Inserting measures into Services that guarantee the highest standards of health and safety.
* Ensuring that all Services are staffed by appropriately trained care staff, and that all are compliant with any mandatory training and refreshers.
* Ensuring that key hotspots of concern are given focus and development through auditing and action planning.
* Overseeing the transition of new Service Users, ensure that new SUPs, RAs, and HAPs are completed prior to arrival.
* Ensuring that any areas of concern identified surrounding quality and compliance are thoroughly investigated, and that remedies are put into place to safeguard against recurrence.
* Leading Management Team Meetings if required, ensuring that tasks are allocated and actioned as necessary.
* Ensuring your own personal development by continually seeking opportunities for training and development.
* Ensuring effective out-of-hours cover as required, with participation in a weekend on-call rota.
* Ensuring your knowledge remains up to date in all areas of relevant legislation and requirements of the Care Quality Commission.
We would love to speak to candidates with strong operational management skills as well as an in depth understanding of the health and social care sector, with demonstrable experience in monitoring multiple complex priorities.
Successful candidates will:
* Have worked at a senior level within a Health and Social Care setting.
* Be confident in managing a team of Managers, ensuring accountability and high standards at all times.
* Have significant experience managing relationships with professionals associated with the care sector.
* Have sound judgement in difficult and complex situations.
* Encourage a positive and supportive culture.
* Ideally will have obtained a level 5 qualification in Health and Social Care, or equivalent education or experience.
If this sounds like an ideal position for you and you have the experience outlined above, then please apply today. Bonnie (Candidate Manager) or Nicola (Permanent Consultant) will call you within 48 hours to discuss the position in further detail with you if you match the requirements for the job. We look forward to your application.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.