Support adults with learning disabilities out in the community with travel time and mileage paid.
Outreach Support Worker - Adults with Learning Disabilities
Multiple locations: Headcorn / Snodland / Borough Green / Sevenoaks / Tonbridge
Permanent - 37 hours per week - varied shifts
£17,160+ per annum travel time and mileage paid
A large collaborative support organisation who offer multiple support functions including: therapeutic services, community support, day services, supported living, family assessment, speech and language therapy and short break provision for both adults and children. This organisation have a fantastic reputation that has been built over the last 20 years.
They are currently looking to recruit a number of Support Workers to join their outreach teams who operate across the community supporting clients within their own homes.
The outreach team currently supports both the elderly and adults with learning disabilities out in the community within individuals' own homes you may on occasion be required to work across both teams however this particular role is with the Supporting Independence Service team.
This service is for adults with learning disabilities such as autism - typically you will spend between 2-6 hours with each service user assisting them to remain living independently in their own home supporting them with: maintaining a clean and tidy home, accessing the community, assisting with correspondence or shopping, batch cooking and medication.
As this role will require travel you will be paid for travel time in between service users and you will be paid mileage to cover your driving expenses.
Shifts vary across the day and are typically between 9am and 9pm
* Experience with providing support and care to adults with learning disabilities
* Must have experience providing care in a lone working setting
* Previous experience in supporting vulnerable individuals out in the community within their own homes
* Essential - You MUST hold a valid driving licence and have your own vehicle as you will need to travel between locations throughout the day. - you will be required to obtain business insurance.
* Availability to be flexible for shifts across the week typically between the hours of 9am-9pm.
* NVQ Level 3 is desirable but not essential
* The sensitivity required to provide a trusting and stimulating environment along with being passionate about supporting people.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
* A genuine desire to make a real difference in people's lives
* You will be positive and willing to create and follow a personalised service to the individual that you support.
* Be available to support in whatever capacity is required by an individual to nurture their path to independence.
* All staff are employed in line with equal opportunities guidelines and are subject to rigorous recruitment checks.
* Annual leave entitlement 23 days plus 8 bank holidays
* Annual leave entitlement increases with long service
* Mileage paid 0.25p per mile
* Travel time included as part of working shift and paid
* 37 hour working week guaranteed
* Varied shifts
* Fantastic training, learning and development programs to support for personal/professional development
* Supportive higher management and experienced team leaders
* Stable employment with a reputable care organisation
What you need to do now
If you are an experienced Outreach / Community Support Worker and are interested in this role click 'apply now' or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Maria or call 01622 235689 .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.