Due to recent success our client has created a brand-new position for an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
This role will be a varied Accounts position including payroll, double entry bookkeeping, sales & purchase ledger, bank recs and more.
The successful candidate will have experience covering all aspects of accounts with a strong knowledge of processing payroll.
Although working in a team you will be required to be self-motivated and able to work autonomously to complete tasks.
* Process monthly payrolls including updating tax codes, lump sum payments etc.
* Preparation of trial balance
* Calculate accruals and prepayments.
* Matching, batching, and coding of purchase ledger invoices
* Matching, batching, and coding sales ledger invoices
* Overseeing multiple bank accounts, preparing bank reconciliations and reports daily
* Support with monthly accounts
* A good knowledge of double entry bookkeeping.
* Strong knowledge of processing payroll including
* Able to prepare accounts to trial balance (desirable)
* Basic knowledge/experience in drafting statuary accounts (desirable)
* Good time management skills
* Able to communicate with key Directors and Stakeholders.
* AAT Qualification or studying
Salary up to £28K
Flexible working times (37.5 hours a week required)