Recruiting for Two Waiting List Support Officers to join our Service in Kent!
GBP 23,000 working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
The role will be a 12 month Fxed Term Contract and is based in North Kent and West Kent
The Waiting List Support Officer plays a vital role as a front-facing position for the Kent Homeless Connect service in North and West Kent.
As one of the services' waiting list support officers; you will provide vital support for customers who are on the waiting list for Kent Homeless Connect services. You will need to be methodical and patient, providing telephone and/or guidance and advice to customers. The role will also require you to visit clients in the community in order to provide key-work, documenting and recording outcomes.
You will be responsible for providing regular updates to referring agencies and maintain regular contact with customers to make sure that they are receiving appropriate support from other professionals dependent on need.
- Daily monitoring of waiting list
- Liaison with partner agencies, referrers and potential customers in relation in referral and waiting list process
- To hold a strong knowledge of safeguarding, feedback & complaints, data handling and risk assessment
- To represent Look Ahead at panels and meetings if requested.
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Work from local community/statutory bases in agreement with partner agencies
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues
- Ensure that all other Look Ahead policies and procedures are adhered to
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the role, as may be deemed reasonable by Look Ahead, including covering other duties if such a need arises
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer-focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience working in homelessness
- Driving licence
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role. We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.