We are looking for a Regional Safeguarding Officer (RSO) to join our client, an independent organisation who provide accommodation services to numerous organisations across the UK and continues to develop its business in both central and local government as well as the charitable section.
Purpose Of The Job:
To act as the FPOC (First Point of Contact) for all internal CRH Safeguarding enquiries and referrals. The aim of this role is to positively contribute to the safeguarding and welfare of our Service Users and staff. Ensuring action is taken to promote their welfare, protect them from harm, being accountable for decisions and taking action to have the best possible outcomes through advice and guidance on safeguarding matters to staff.
Duties And Responsibilities
* The RSO will have responsibility for KCC and UASC contracts.
* The RSO should have a responsibility on an operational day to day basis to promote safeguarding of young people and ensuring that a stable and secure environment is provided. Develop and maintain external links with local safeguarding teams bringing community expertise to the safeguarding strategy.
* To effectively conduct robust investigations of all child protection concerns raised by young people, their families, colleagues and/or external parties/professionals to legislative and best practice requirements. It is expected that the post holder will conduct evidence-based investigations and be empathetic towards the needs of our young people and staff concerned.
* To collate information on any new safeguarding referrals, and to submit a SIR to the Designated Safeguarding Officer.
* To ensure that all concerns and safeguarding information is logged and stored securely in line with GDPR and CRH Policies.
* To collate organisation wide information on any safeguarding matters, and to make referrals to the line manager.
* To act as Regional Deputy DSO in the absence of the Safeguarding Manager
Comminication And Liaison
* To liaise with Safeguarding Manager where the acts or omissions of a member of staff has / may impact on the safeguarding of our Service Users.
* To contribute to the induction programme and training for new/existing staff regarding Safeguarding.
* To liaise with the Quality Manager on operational matters that may lead to or impact on Safeguarding.
* Coach, support and develop staff understanding to ensure high standards of care, values, ethics, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual requirements are met.
* To gate keep confidential safeguarding information regarding Service Users, sharing only on a need to know basis and in compliance with GDPR
* Ensure information sharing supports timely and appropriate decision making, which is based on individual need and prevents harm and supporting wellbeing.
* To assess information from staff regarding concerns about children and vulnerable adults and make referrals to Safeguarding Manager.
* Liaising with Police and Local Authorities when safeguarding matters arise.
In Partnership With Other Agencies And Local Authorities
* To be a Regional FPOC for Local Authorities and Agencies regarding Safeguarding in the absence of the Safeguarding Manager
* To make all safeguarding referrals to the appropriate agencies in line with local policy.
* To develop and maintain professional relationships with Local Authorities, NGO's and other agencies regarding safeguarding matters.
* To assist the Safeguarding Manager to ensure that once a safeguarding referral is made, that all relevant information is shared with the appropriate authorities in line with GDPR, Data Protection and Information Sharing Legislation and Protocols.
* To assist the Safeguarding Manager in preparation for MARAC (including HT), MAPPA, Strategy Group, Core Group, Case Conference and subsequent P.L.O. and Court Hearings.
* To liaise with Police Forces and Probation Services regarding Service Users accommodated by Ready Homes and that are subject to Reporting requirements following their inclusion of the Sex Offenders Register.
* To assist the Safeguarding Manager in preparation for Area Health & Wellbeing Meetings, Age Assessment Meetings, Migrant and Refugee Forums.
* Liaise regularly with line manager and team members
* Helping/providing cover for other team members as required
* Attending team and other staff meetings
* Provide cover for other staff as agreed by line manager
Training And Development
* Monitor own work levels, progress and development
* Undertake all core training and development programmes as required
* Undertake relevant learning according to agreed Personal Development Plan
Any other duties within the scope of responsibility and ability, as required, inclusive of providing similar support to any other local company project.
Please apply in the first instance with your current CV showing relevant experience to be considered for the role.