Join a well established home care company drive a maintain quality customer service across the business
Customer Supervisor - Home Care
Permanent - 40 hour week
£21,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience
This large home care organisation operate across Gravesend, Dartford and Sevenoaks. They provide a wide range of services to vulnerable adults out in the community including: day visits, live in, respite, hospital discharge and end of life care. The services are aimed at vulnerable adults who may have learning disabilities, physical disabilities, arthritis, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, stroke rehabilitation, Parkinson's and dementia.
The company prides itself on the ability to build bespoke homecare packages suited to the individual needs of the customer allowing access to a full range of services and funds.
The company are currently going through another period of growth and are looking to bring in key members to the business.
You will join an enthusiastic team working out in the community providing care. You will be responsible for:
* Carrying out with customers, and / or their chosen representatives, an assessment of what the customer needs and what they would like to achieve from their care and support, together with a risk assessment
* Creating and agreeing a written individually tailored plan of care and support that respects the customer's wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks. Keep care and support plans up to date
* Providing the customer and where appropriate their representatives with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns
* Instrumental in driving quality improvements across the business
* Give care workers appropriate information and guidance to effectively and safely provide care and support as agreed in the care and support plan
* Work with the Care Coordinator to appropriately match care workers to customers. Attend the customer's first call to introduce the care worker. Report changes to care schedules without delay to the coordinator, customer and care worker
* Distribute, collect and monitor MAR charts
* Provide advice, training, supervision and other support to Care Workers and support supervisors as required
* Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota as and when required.
* Arrange and manage staff changeovers and briefings for live in care assignments in the absence of the care manager
* Experience of supervising the delivery of social care services
* Previous experience of risk assessment and person centred care and support planning
* Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures
* Hold an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or higher (Level 4 or 5)
* Hold a full UK driving licence and own your own car as you will be mobile across the community
* Experience with leading a team offering care to vulnerable persons.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work under own initiative.
* You will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references, and verification of right to work in the UK as part of the recruitment process
Join an established care organisation with a great reputation and:
* Salary £21,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
* Annual leave entitlement
* Supportive and experienced senior management
What you need to do now
If you have experience working as a Care supervisor / team leader and are interested in this role click 'apply now' or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Maria or call 01622 235689 .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.