Join a well established homecare company in their Gravesend office, organise and coordinate care assistants
Care Coordinator - Home Care
Permanent - 40 hour week
£21,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience
This large home care organisation operate across Gravesend, Dartford and Sevenoaks. They provide a wide range of services to vulnerable adults out in the community including: day visits, live in, respite, hospital discharge and end of life care. The services are aimed at vulnerable adults who may have learning disabilities, physical disabilities, arthritis, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, stroke rehabilitation, Parkinson's and dementia.
The company prides itself on the ability to build bespoke homecare packages suited to the individual needs of the customer allowing access to a full range of services and funds.
The company are currently going through another period of growth and are looking to bring in key members to the business.
You will join a busy team who work tirelessly in the background to ensure that community carers are allocated appropriately to customers to ensure care is delivered on time, safely and in line with the individual care plan of the customer. The role will include liaising with team leaders and the registered manager to ensure that recruitment needs are met. You will be responsible for arranging cover in the event of sickness, absenteeism and holidays. You will also be required to take administerial duties such as updating and documenting care/support plans, process and allocate new care referrals, use IT systems to allocate/rota care assistants to customers and other general office duties.
* Full UK driving licence - there may be some travel required as part of the role
* You will be subject to background checks including an Enhanced DBS check
* Previous experience in social care and/or of organising staff - is desirable
* Qualification in social care and /or management - is desirable
* Knowledge of Staffplan Roster/ Everylife Pass System - is desirable
* Excellent organisational skills- proven ability to plan and organise workloads effectively so that customers receive the services they expect and are safe
* Ability to maintain clear and accurate written records and follow statutory reporting procedures
* Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions
* Excellent time keeper and reliable
* Ability to think clearly when under pressure. Comfortable using own initiative to solve problems or as part of a team especially in an emergency
* Ability to communicate clearly and build positive working relationships with customers, their families or representatives, members of staff and other health and social care professionals.
* Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills
* Sound knowledge of the local area
* Varied backgrounds will be considered: If you are from an administration/data input/analyse background you may be considered. If you are from care background with fantastic organisation, IT and administration skills you may be considered.
Join an established care organisation with a great reputation and:
* Salary £21,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
* Annual leave entitlement
* Supportive and experienced senior management
What you need to do now
If you have good data/admin experience or are experienced within the care sector and are interested in this role click 'apply now' or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Maria or call 01622 235689 .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.