Social Enterprise Kent is the main social enterprise body in Kent, giving advice to many charities and budding enterprises, and running training and employment services. We are a passionate believer in the power of social enterprise to effect positive change in our communities, and the importance of partnership working in all sectors.
We are looking for two Digital Inclusion Officers, one based in Margate, one in Folkestone to help deliver SEK’s digital programmes, supporting individuals to gain in confidence and ability, and to maximise their social, creative and learning potential. This has become especially crucial during the current COVID pandemic as it has never been more important to be able to interact with the outside world especially if shielding or self-isolating for health reasons.
You will have a good knowledge of digital skills and the ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with people of varied ability and ages. You should be able to explain and show people how to use computers, smartphones, websites, download software and apps in a plain down to earth manner. You will help people to gain confidence in using digital technology safely, to help them remain independent and connect with communities, family and friends.
You will need excellent communication skills. You will be at the heart of realising Social Enterprise Kent’s social mission through the effective delivery of digital projects. You will be self-motivated, keen to learn, highly organised and practically minded.
Main responsibilities will include;
• Delivery of Social Enterprise Kent’s Digital Inclusion Programmes.
• Delivery of person-centred training, support and digital inclusion support to vulnerable people.
• Delivery of SEK’s funded projects to the highest quality standards, delivering projects across the different specialist teams in SEK whilst maintaining positive and productive working relationships with partners.
• Helping to recruit and supervise a bank of Digital “Buddies” or volunteers.
• Timely and accurate reporting
• Dealing with customer, partner and stakeholder enquiries
• Supporting continuous improvement on the project team and quickly adapting to changes.
• Cross working within all Social Enterprise Kent activities.
• Ensure that you comply with the Data Protection Act 1998/General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Any other task as required by your manager
One of the roles will be based in Margate, one in Folkestone but both with with regular travel across East Kent, and may include supporting people in community venues or their own homes. An enhanced DBS check and 2 references are required for this position. You will also need to have a clean driving license and access to your own vehicle.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to the 'Apply Button' below. We also request applicants to complete an Equalities and Diversity Monitoring Form which can be found on our website www.sekgroup.org.uk . Please do not delay in applying as we may close the position early if we receive sufficient applications.