Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for a talented Childrenswear Buyer to join our dynamic international buying team. You will have previous experience within the luxury market and knowledge of global territories, especially the USA. Brand aware, you will be confident in picking stock instinctively. Having strong brand knowledge, good product memory recall and direction is essential, as is the ability to foster good relationships with suppliers.
- Prepare and analyse brand sales reports prior to every buying appointment
- Accurately and quickly input order details at buying appointments, selecting the products and working within set budgets
- Check all order confirmations, finding and resolving any discrepancies
- Develop brand expertise and maintain good working relationships with suppliers
- Follow brand and adult collection history as well as designer childrenswear blogs
- Take ownership of brands online as well as knowledge of our competitors
- Understand the customer’s journey around the website
- Work closely with the Head of Buying Team to schedule buying appointments and meetings
- Work closely with the Merchandisers
- Work closely with the Head of Buying Team to manage the workflow, accurately and quickly perform all tasks given and ensure all systems
and records are up to date
- Attend buying trips and trade shows
- Monitor the market, identify new trends and commercial opportunities
- Work in a team and manage Administrative and Buying Assistants
- Work across all areas of the business and liaise with other departments such as Merchandising, Studio, Marketing and Customer Service
- Prepare trends and sales analysis
- End of season feedback to the team on brands performance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years
- Good English language skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and MS Office skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent network experience within the luxury brands and personal interest in fashion
- Well-presented and professional with a positive attitude
- Good time management, ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Fast learner, proactive and creative
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, however, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic will require flexibility and some working from home. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.