Farrer Barnes is currently working alongside a successful local business in aid of appointing an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, this role focuses on the day-to-day management of the finances, with a strong focus on maintaining good quality controls and insightful reporting.
- Support the month-end closing process (posting journals, consolidations etc)
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including all associated reporting and analysis
- Ensuring robust financial controls are maintained, well understood and being followed across the finance team
- Preparation of statutory accounts and all associated government returns
- Act as a point of liaison for internal and external auditors
- Deputise for the Finance Manager as required
- Must hold professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) or be nearing completion of studies - whether that has been undertaken in Practice or Industry
- Knowledgeable of financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Ability to convey financial information to non-finance staff
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel
Farrer Barnes Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Farrer Barnes Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.