Sunray Engineering Limited are a leading and specialist Manufacturer and Installer of Steel & Timber Security and Fire Doors as well as associated products such as Louvre Panels, Solid Panels, Access Hatches, and specialist areas such as Blast and Ballistics, which are used across a diverse range of specifiers in the UK and Worldwide.
Due to continued growth the business is looking for a tenacious, numerate, qualified, and experienced Group Finance Manager with a hand on, can do approach to lead and maintain the day-to-day Financial Controls of our busy Finance department.
The individual will be responsible for Managing, Monitoring and Developing the department with due processes and outputs to ensure detailed reporting, forecasting and policy adherence is applied to all Financial operations, which will include creating, enhancing and implementing where required.
As the department has recently centralised group processes, the role will assume group responsibility ensuring uniformity, quality and accuracy of key financial data and the utmost care and attention to detail on all Financial matters to protect the businesses interests.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director (GMD) the position carries a high degree of trust, and the person will have the necessary gravitas to communicate at senior level.
It is expected that you will have career stability and be an experienced manager within a financial department, possibly looking for the next step up, however already possess the acumen, understanding and exposure of how a Business operates with P&L to Balance sheet.
(ACA/CIMA/ACCA) Qualified, several years of experience in finance; proven ability of structuring finance departments within SME’s. Ideally from a manufacturing background, able to understand IMS (Integrated Management Systems) ERP/MRP and how to extract data for financial formatting and reporting.
Leadership skills; management experience; integrity; honesty; understanding of data & privacy standards; exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; thorough understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer/excel skills; multi-tasking skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Control for all due processes within the Financial Department and management of 2-3 direct reports.
• Oversee, Manage and Scrutinise processes and outputs to ensure adherence to all Business policies, Financial Transactions, Payroll and Pensions, Accounts Receivables and Payables, whilst highlighting, updating, and implementing where required.
• Working closely with HR for cross checks and balances on critical detail areas such as weekly and monthly payroll, pensions, P11d Benefits etc.
• Understand, collate, and deliver monthly and annual management accounts and reports to outline performance results against monthly and annual budgets – This will include subsidiaries and consolidated accounts.
• Ensure due preparation for the annual/end of year Audit and any potential areas of concern are highlighted and addressed before Audit date.
• Supporting the annual independent auditing services to ensure total compliance with all regulations and due testing processes.
• Be aware of the daily report requirement which is used to monitor the company’s performance day by day against respective budgets and KPI’s.
• Ensuring all financial information is reported, recorded, and reviewed before submission in a timely, accurate and uniform discipline.
• Provide detailed analytical data which can be used to determine a number of core KPI’s such as Debtors, Payment Run, Stock and WIP values, Spend Trends, Forecasts and MTD/YTD summaries.
• Manage and control cash flow by pro-active monitoring of debt exposure to terms through strong debtor management and following due legal process.
• Provide payment and cashflow forecasts, VAT, Corporation tax etc.
• Ensuring absolute adherence to HMRC payments, timeframes, reporting, policy guidelines and legalities.
• Lead, motivate, mentor, and coach the finance team members by developing, and defining key roles and responsibilities by means of individual and team meetings as well as setting defined KPI’s.
• In conjunction with the Directors, develop Budgets and Financial planning for the company based on results, research, data reports and objectives.
• Review all financial expenditure and revenue streams against budget on a monthly basis for cost reduction efficiencies or budgetary revisions.
• Examine all financial reports and data closely checking for discrepancies or potential reconciliation issues. Ensuring all reconciliations are undertaken by the resource allocated.
• Create systems to prevent errors in Data Collation/Collection and Calculations
• Utilise and understand the financial and IMS systems for full financial traceability.
• Ensure all tax efficiencies from expenditure are maximised to protect profitability.
Company Bonus Incentive (after qualifying period)
Company Pension Scheme
Working Hours: 39 hours per week worked Mon-Thurs 8am – 5pm Fri 8am – 4pm
25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays