At Kent County Council, we are inspired by the challenge of continuous improvement. We are delighted to announce the exciting opportunity for a Principal Auditor to strengthen our Internal Audit and Counter Fraud team.
As Principal Auditor you will be joining a highly respected, supportive and innovative team, with the responsibility for independently reviewing one of the largest Councils in the UK, including its portfolio of trading companies. We also undertake an increasing number of audits for other public and third sector bodies in Kent through our trading arm (Invicta Audit and Counter Fraud). This means that there will be many opportunities for you as a Principal Auditor to continue your development.
The candidate we are looking for will:
• Be professionally qualified or be working towards a professional qualification.
• Have a passion for development and continuous improvement.
• Aspire to delivering insightful and value adding audits.
• Utilise extensive experience of planning and delivering audits of complex and high-risk areas.
• Have experience of providing clients with ad hoc advice and consultancy reviews.
• Possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
• Demonstrate a consistent ability to develop effective business relationships.
• Display a good aptitude for data analytics and progressive audit approaches.
You should be self-motivated with a positive, flexible approach and drive and enthusiasm to contribute towards audit delivery and maintaining our excellent reputation.
This post is offered on a full-time and permanent basis and although based in Maidstone, remote working is key to how we operate.
This role attracts the benefit of flexible working (including both hours and location of work); the opportunity for further training and development, including professional qualifications where relevant; the potential for career progression and a wide range of other employment benefits.
We welcome applications from both internal and external applicants.
This post is considered by KCC to be a customer-facing position. The Council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English / Welsh sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note the job description and grade for this role is currently being reviewed.
To apply please visit www.kent.gov.uk/jobs to complete an online application form. The vacancy reference number is REF/TP/25851/1419. For a discussion or should you require any further information, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
The closing date is 28th February 2021. The interview dates are 16th and 17th March 2021.