Sunray Engineering Limited are a leading and specialist Manufacturer and Installer of Steel & Timber Security and Fire Doors as well as associated products such as Louvre Panels, Solid Panels, Access Hatches, and specialist areas such as Blast and Ballistics, which are used across a diverse range of specifiers in the UK and Worldwide. Due to continued growth, we now seek to enhance the internal Sales Team with an additional internal Sales Estimator. The role will focus on providing product information and project solutions by way of detailed estimates and quotes from enquiries received, and with the support of an experienced technical department.
Whilst relevant industry or product knowledge would be ideal, we are willing to consider applications from individuals who have worked in a technical solution environment or synergy product type, and those who possess the required skillsets to undertake this challenging role. Naturally, you should have a technical bias and be conversant with reading architectural drawings as a pre-requisite.
Sunray is based in Ashford, Kent and near to all major routes in and out of the region.
Salary: £25,000-£32,000 per annum (Average annual salary range based on cumulative earnings)
Type of Contract: Full Time Position
• The ability to draw and evaluate information from a given customer enquiry in a structured and methodical way, which will provide you with a detailed overview of what product and solution is required to enable a thorough and detailed quote to meet the project and product requirement.
• Providing the Quote within a set time frame from the initial enquiry, which is accurate in terms of technical and price content and correct for the intended application.
• Acting upon any changes or revisions required to meet the project solution, which are expedited and recorded accurately and subsequently re-submitted to the customer.
• Ensuring that all quotes and associated information is recorded within the IMS (Internal Management System) so as to provide a full picture of events from initial enquiry to fulfilled order.
• Maintaining contact with the clients within your given sector so as to understand the potential order and delivery period which will aid financial forecasting.
• Working closely with the Technical Team within Sunray who will assist and guide on what products are best suited to a given application.
• Undertake detailed product and system training so as to become educated on both core elements, which are critical for the role to be performed effectively.
• Working to a clearly defined sector and departmental sales budget, with specific responsibility for achieving set KPI’s.
• Ensuring any contractual terms and conditions associated with a given contract are sent to the Installation and Contracts Manager.
• In the unlikely event of a customer complaint, record and escalate.
• Be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
1. Providing a detailed Quote/Estimate to all sector enquiries within set timescales.
2. Revise quotations to meet project changes.
3. Accuracy of Quotes.
4. Order Conversion of Quotes.
5. Orders within Sector against budget.
6. Sustained/Maintained Client contact using call log stats and IMS.
If you have a methodical hard-working ethos, flexible attitude with the ability to learn, work to deadlines and retain information due to the technicality and variations of products and can work as part of a team but with minimal supervision we want to hear from you.
Hours; Monday – Thursday Friday 08.00am – 17.00pm, Friday 8.00am – 4.00pm
25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
Benefits also include: Company Pension Scheme & Profit Related Bonus – (After Qualification Period)