Software Support Technician
Salary: £18k - £22k DOE
Due to the recent Covid crisis, my client significantly adapted their working practices to embrace the requirement to work from home. As a result, they are now able to offer this role with the option of being based at their offices near Maidstone full-time or based remotely at home or a combination of the two.
If you are home-based this would be subject to you having a professional work environment and good internet connectivity at your home. My client will supply the appropriate IT equipment for the role, such as a PC, display monitors, voice headset, etc.
They are looking for someone who already has experience in Software Support, who would be interested in taking on the role of Customer Support Technician to be part of a growing remote support team, assisting their corporate and professional customer base with a wide range of software queries and product advice.
As you would expect, you will be given full training to develop your product knowledge and customer service and you will be joining a team where collaboration and creativity is actively encouraged in order to develop your skills and improve team performance. They will ensure that you are fully conversant with their range of software, its use and implementation in a professional and corporate environment. They are also committed to helping you maintain your professional knowledge and funding continual professional development as appropriate to your role and qualifications.
· Frontline telephone Technical Support.
· Logging of calls taken and action taken in contact management software.
· Dealing with customer emails and similar communications.
· Keeping all email correspondence up to date and filed within the customer directories.
· Diagnose software problems or faults and solve technical and applications problems.
· Talking customers through a series of actions, over the telephone.
· Monitoring progress and applying escalation procedures for problems not progressing satisfactorily.
· Proactively assist users in making effective use of the software available to them.
· Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
· Updating self-help documents so customers/other team members can try to fix problems themselves.
· Supporting the roll-out of new applications or updates.
· Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers.
· Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
· Assist more junior staff with customer calls.
· Give training to more junior staff where necessary.
· Represent the company and department at exhibitions/demonstrations/customer site as required.
· Plan and organise own work in a rapidly changing and technical environment.
· Maintain other support tools such as the ftp site, CRM system, VoiceMail and Knowledge Base.
· Record system enhancements and bugs in the internal bug register.
· Escalate to Senior, bugs to be recorded on International bug register.
· To achieve a good level of understanding and knowledge of the organisation’s products and services, which is improved and maintained at all times, ensuring that customer queries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately.
· To speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues.
· To communicate courteously with all customers by telephone and email building positive relationships, and progressing issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
· To deal appropriately with queries received via the telephone and/or email and provide written or oral responses to confirm the information or outcome
· To work together with other departments within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability
· Such other general and administrative duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
You will be articulate, with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate at all levels. You should possess accounts experience and strong IT skills would be a distinct advantage.