Work from home
Salary: Negotiable DOE
We are looking for an experienced Systems Developer to work with various internal and external systems using a variety of languages and technologies. You will work in a small team, writing new functionality and maintaining existing applications. This role requires an all-round developer who is experienced in the full software development lifecycle; someone who is willing to handle development from initial conception through to deployment and on-going support. This includes business analysis, design, development, testing and documentation.
The office is based in Dunfermline, but we are very much looking to find the "right" candidate and as such you could be based anywhere in the UK, if you are happy to work remotely.
KEY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role of Systems Developer will encompass both internal software and systems development alongside integration with 3rd-party software namely HubSpot (Marketing/CRM) and Xero (Finance). The role will cover development of in-house built systems and also coaching and mentoring of the existing Systems Developers
It will require an individual who is self-motivated, knowledgeable and have a solid understanding of software development processes.
Whilst the role is based around a 40 hour working week, some work outside of normal hours will be expected including both evenings and weekends where required to suit the needs of the business.
The business has a heavy reliance on IT and many future development plans, so the selected individual for this role will need to be able to perform under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
· Mentor/coach Systems Development colleagues
· Drive in house software development in line with Systems Manager IT Roadmap plan
· Ensure delivery of user documentation for all software developments where required
· Responsible for developing in house system integrations with HubSpot and Xero
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
· Strong technical background
· Strong process and procedural understanding
· Ability to coach and mentor development colleague(s)
· Speak IT development in “plain English” with End Users of third party software
· Demonstrate integrity, honesty and ethical behaviours
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
§ C# MVC web application development (at least 2 years)
§ Microsoft Entity Framework EF6.3
§ Visual Studio IDE (v17 upwards)
§ Microsoft SQL Server
§ Microsoft Azure Dev-ops platform
§ Knowledge of GIT version control
§ Windows Server