This a full time, 3 month fixed term contract
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Fundraising Assistant will be the first point of contact for the Community & Events team. The main responsibilities for this role will be to support the Community & Events Managers with fundraising initiatives, including processing donations, maintaining the database and delivering high levels of customer care. The Fundraising Assistant will also work with the Head of Community & Events and Director of Strategic Development to provide support to the department on a range of tasks as required.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Assist with the day-to-day administration of donations and the regular giving supporters.
• Corresponding with members, donors & fundraisers by email, letter or over the phone. Providing them with advice and support where necessary
• Assisting with maintaining the charity database, ensuring accuracy and consistency
• Maintaining up-to-date filing systems
• Assisting with developing communications to send to fundraisers and supporters
• Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post
• Support other areas of fundraising as required to ensure donations are processed correctly and supporters are thanked.
• Update mailing lists and recording bulk communications (e.g. e-newsletters) on the database
• Assisting the Data and Finance analyst with accurate financial recording for the fundraising department.
• Our Fundraising Assistant must be a motivated, organised and positive individual with excellent IT skills to support the organisation and our fundraisers.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is essential whilst administration experience is desired. CRM Database experience and/or membership scheme administration experience are desirable, however training will be provided.
• This role is normally office-based (working at home possible during lockdowns)
• Flexibility with out of hours work will be required, e.g. at events on evenings & weekends
Skills & Experience Required:
• 1 year’s minimum experience using customer/donor databases.
• Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills - both written and oral
• Good organisational skills
• High level numeracy skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Ability to work flexibly on own initiative or as part of a team, supporting fellow team members
• Confident using social media to engage with supporters/fundraisers.
• Charity sector experience
• Experience in a customer service role.
• Mail chimp experience
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to [email protected] RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date