Job Title: Full-time Housing Scheme Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week (flexible working hours & Bonus)
Salary: £8.20ph - £8.72ph
Place of Work: Margate
We are the leading provider of specialist homelessness accommodation services to the South East, and we are searching for new staff looking to develop a career in housing. If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a vibrant young company at a brand-new flagship building in Margate, then this your chance to make a difference in the local community. This exciting new role will involve the operation of a building assisting local homeless households to ensure a welcome and safe environment, as well as providing light support to the residents. You will be a positive presence in and around the building, responding to the accommodation needs of the residents, whilst being alert to any health and safety issues.
Duties will include:
• Providing light support to clients and signposting to relevant agencies
• Room inspections and welfare checks
• Maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the communal areas
• Signing residents in and out of rooms at the start and end of their stay with us
• Reporting repairs or safeguarding issues
• Dealing with any other management issues that may arise
• A caring and compassionate approach
• Ability to work with vulnerable adults with occasional complex needs
• Work within a multi-disciplinary team (RISE) across organisations
• Housing/Homelessness (or similar) experience (but not essential)
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries
• Good timekeeping skills
• The ability to think on your feet
• Computer Literate
• An understanding of client confidentiality
Company incentives and schemes:
• 20 days paid annual leave
• Nest pension scheme
• Full uniform, work mobile phone and computer
• Project Satisfactory Operation Christmas Bonus.
• Other benefits within package.
Experience would be an advantage but not essential as all training will be given.
You must be an excellent communicator, have good customer service skills and have a friendly and helpful approach.
The hours can be flexible, but you may be required to work weekends or until 8pm in the evening.
All equipment and clothing are provided. You must pass a DBS check and be a UK citizen or free to work in the UK. Evidence of this will be requested.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference within a new team at our new flagship building.