Senior Copywriter and Media Executive
Salary dependent on experience
Our growing marketing team is seeking a Senior Copywriter and Media Executive to join us at The Aspinall Foundation, an internationally renowned animal conservation charity that works in conjunction with Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks in Kent.
This person will have exceptional writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail.
The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter, well organised individual with the ability to meet deadlines whilst working across different projects. If you are a creative thinker, excellent writer and keen to work across a large and dynamic organisation as it aims to deliver ambitious growth plans, then we want to discuss this position further with you.
Reporting into the Marketing Manager, responsibilities and duties will include:
• Research industry-related topics and identify gaps in our content (across fundraising and our commercial lines which includes day visitors, short breaks, weddings & events)
• Write original copy for press releases, adverts and editorial
• Prepare and publish articles that describe our company and products
• Edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by colleagues
• Liaise with designers to enrich text with visual aids, like images and charts
• Shape language and tone used in sales emails, banners, and brochures
• Create and oversee reports on content (e.g. weekly or monthly)
• Interview clients, industry experts and internal teams
• Monitor metrics related to our content
• Ensure all content is outstanding and up to date
• Play a vital role in delivering the PR strategy
• Manage media and agency relationships
• At least three years’ experience in a similar role
• Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
• Proven work experience as a senior copywriter or similar role
• Portfolio of published articles
• Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
• Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
• An ability to write creative copy both for large pieces of content (e.g. product descriptions) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts)
• Excellent time-management skills
• Basic keyword search knowledge
Closing Date: Tuesday 3 November 2020
To Apply: please email a full CV and covering letter.
Visit our website for further information.