Revelation are seeking an effective and flexible Finance Assistant join the small team! Revelation Ashford is a unique arts venue in which Ashford’s growing community come together and experience high quality performance and exhibition.
• Send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you meet the criteria for the role
• Please email your application to Debra McGee, CEO, Revelation Ashford [email protected]
• The closing date for applications is Monday 26 October 10am. Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
• Successful applicants will be notified Friday 30 October
• Interviews will be held Tuesday 3 November
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the role before applying, please call Debra McGee, CEO, on 01233 663201.
Following the refurbishment of St Mary the Virgin Church in 2011 to create a flexible multi-use space, Revelation has become a focal point for the arts in Ashford and with its distinctive setting, one of the most vibrant and exciting small venues in the country.
Revelation is governed by a Board of Trustees – the St Mary’s Arts Trust (SMAT), and is run by a highly motivated and energetic team of staff and volunteers. We are very much a growing organisation, constantly striving to improve the visitor experience with quality artistic programming and regular external hiring of the venue.
JOB DESCRIPTION – FINANCE ASSISTANT
Overall purpose of the post
Support the CEO in the operations of Revelation, to include income generation, financial management and governance
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
• Salary: £17500 pro rata, plus optional contributory pension.
• Location: Revelation, 1st Floor 18 North Street Ashford TN24 8JR
• Hours of work: 8 hours per week flexible between the hours of 9am-6pm.
• Start date: November 2020
• Annual leave: 28 days pa, including bank holidays pro rata
• Contract Period: fixed term for 12 months with 1 month probationary period, contract renewable subject to funding
• Working with: CEO, Production Manager, Marketing Coordinator, volunteers, trustees, any other freelance or contracted staff, Parish Church Council
1. Day to day bookkeeping for St Mary’s Arts Trust, including payments, invoicing, banking, and keeping accurate records of all transactions
2. Maintain accurate financial and data records for all income generating activity
3. Maintenance of monthly cash flow
4. Input data accurately into SAGE
5. Handle and manage all cash tasks, including floats, event finance, counting and banking all money
6. Manage the petty cash/ cash card supply
7. Prepare financial reports for external bodies, e.g. Performing Rights Society, Ashford Borough Council,
8. Assist with the production of management accounting
9. Assist with audit preparation work to allow for timely completion of annual financial statements
10. Support General Manager in producing financial reports for Trustees and funders
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience of office administration and book keeping/maintenance of financial records
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience working with SAGE accounting software
• Experience of working in an office environment
• Excellent commercial acumen and good eye for detail
• Experience of Office packages especially Word and Excel and solid understanding of accounting software
• Effective time management
• Solution Focused
• Excellent organisational skills
• Demonstrates a sense of personal ownership for outputs and has a ‘can do’ attitude
• Excellent communicator
• Able to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
• Flexible approach
• Ideally be a graduate or part qualified
• Experience of working in a cultural environment
• Previous experience of working for a small charity would be an advantage
For more information on our upcoming events and taste of what you could be involved with managing, please visit revelationashford.co.uk