We are looking for a Property Services Manager to join our team, to be based at either our Ashford or Canterbury offices.
This is a commercial and visible role, whereby you will assist in the provision of a comprehensive range of professional property related services, acting as principal advisor on land and property matters including leases, licences and valuations.
2gether Support Solutions provides facilities, property, procurement and professional services, and has social values at its core. 2gether Support Solutions was formed in April 2018 as a new, wholly owned subsidiary company of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust established the company to reflect its strategic aim to secure strong, vibrant core facilities and support services for the long term.
To find out more about us, please visit our website: https://2gethersupportsolutions.org/about-us/
The role holder will support the Director of Capital and Technical Solutions to develop strategy and identify innovative and commercial solutions for the effective use of the estate, providing professional property advice on; general estate management, leases, licences, and other property-related matters.
Further responsibilities will include:
• Developing ideas and innovation to deliver property strategy, develop business cases, and ensure proposals are commercially viable.
• Engage with third parties, including developers, to formalise and realise commercial opportunities.
• Developing and managing all property-related Licences and Leases and SLA’s.
• Ensuring systems are in place to carry out comprehensive condition surveys, risk assessments, and audits to monitor estates service performance and minimise unexpected failures, risks and legislative non-compliance.
• Providing up to date and accurate data pertaining to the Trust’s estate to enable informed decision making.
• Managing budgets, and co-ordinating revenues and appeals. Advising on budget allocation and ensuring all charges include full costs of maintaining and managing space.
• Obtaining periodic and ad hoc professional valuations of Trust property and evaluating rents and service charges to tenants.
• Leading on the sale and purchase of land and property.
• Developing, implementing, and monitoring of property and space policy, procedures, and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in commercial estates management or professional surveying, and excellent communication and relationship management skills. They will also have:
• Degree in estate management or other surveying discipline.
• A good understanding of the principles of property valuation, leases, licences, business rates and the Landlord and Tenants Act. Knowledge of the law as applied to the sale and purchase of land and property.
• Ability to develop and implement strategy.
• A good knowledge of estates management databases, and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Strong administrative and analytical skills.
• Experience managing operational budgets.
• Proven ability to take own initiative, managing and driving forward deliverables and developments.
• Prior experience with MICAD or knowledge of NHS processes and systems is advantageous.
We offer a range of excellent benefits including:
• The opportunity to buy or sell up to 10 days annual leave each year
• Training and Development opportunities
• Career progression
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Discount in selected High Street retailers
• Onsite childcare facilities at our three acute sites.
2gether Support Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.