Senior Claims – Marine Freight and Haulier Liability
Home working available
£25,000 - £35,000
Barker Munro Recruitment Ltd has a new opportunity for a senior claims handler to deal with Marine Freight and Haulier Liability cases.
Within this role you will have responsibility for the pro-active management of all Freight and Haulier liability claims from cradle to grave claims, whilst always aware of the Client’s needs throughout the process. The role will require you to assist Claims Executives to provide clients with appropriate advice and a quality service to meet their individual insurance needs, whilst treating customers fairly and having regard to regulatory obligations and upholding a professional image.
• Attendance at Client’s premises following Large or Complex losses, and providing assistance to investigate any case law / relevant facts which aide satisfactory settlement and conclusion.
• Building and developing close working relationships with Clients and Account Executives and Handlers and each of our partners, including Insurers and Loss Adjusters/Suppliers.
• Dealing with a number of below excess Freight and Haulier liability claims, to protect our clients’ interests, and ensure a fair settlement is achieved.
• Maintaining an open ’early warning’ culture ensuring that issues / potential E&O’s are identified and addressed at an early stage.
• Communication – ensuring that there are clear lines of communication throughout the Client servicing team and sharing all relevant information with Account Executives and Account Handlers, including the preparation of Claims Reports.
We are seeking applicants with the following skills;
• An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of Marine /Freight and Haulier Liability claims.
• Good attention to detail,
• Ability to process work quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Excellent negotiation and broking skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
If you would like to apply for this Senior Claims handler role and have the required experience in handling Marine Freight and Haulier Liability cases, please send your CV to Barker Munro Recruitment Ltd by using the relevant links. There is some flexibility as to where you are based as there is the option to work from home with occasional requirement to visit the Essex branch or you could work from one of their other UK offices.
For all the latest news and jobs, follow us on Twitter @BarMunRecruit