A varied, office-based role in a busy, local charity. You will be working as part of a small, tightly-knit, and successful team. This position would suit a multi-tasker and has three main parts:
Managing the training diary
• Scheduling projects/courses/activities as per funding received, including finding venues, booking tutors, recruiting beneficiaries, etc.
• Monitoring and evaluating projects in accordance with funder requirements
• Networking with referral and delivery partners to reach more beneficiaries and maintain quality of provision
Writing funding applications
• Fund raising through targeted applications to ensure the charity has sufficient funding to deliver first class community benefit.
• Developing and maintaining good relationships with funders
Overseeing smooth running of the facilities
• Carrying out regular H&S and fire checks
• Overseeing cleaning standards
• Organising regular maintenance (emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, lifts, etc.)
• Continuing good tenant relationships and securing new tenants when necessary
Also, assisting the charity with additional duties as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience of working in the charitable sector
• Experience of writing successful funding applications
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office software (particularly Word and Excel, with knowledge of Publisher and PowerPoint)
• Good understanding and use of social media (specifically Facebook and Twitter)
• Financial experience (such as writing business plans, reading annual accounts)
• Training/tutoring experience
This position reports to the Head Tutor & Heritage Manager.
Please apply with CV and Covering Letter.