Up to £40k
Our client is a Principle contractor within the construction industry involved in projects ranging from £1 - £70m . They pride themselves on providing a personal touch to customers, employees and supply chain partners. They encourage an energetic, open and enthusiastic approach to business and thrive on having an engaged workforce.
They are now looking for an IT manager to join their team. This will suit someone looking to join a fast growing business and to make a real difference to how technology is applied in the sector. An opportunity exists for an IT Manager to join this fast-growing business and make a real difference to how technology is applied within the sector.
You may already be an IT Manager or maybe you are a 3rd line Infrastructure engineer looking to step into a IT Manager role.
You will have full Autonomy for the role and will be reposting directly into the leadership team. A varied role you will be able to get involved in rebranding of the SharePoint sites , liaising with 3rd party managed services company, IT Policy, Data protection policy, Security, Multi factor authentication, Training members of staff to building laptops for users and issuing log in details. As you can see there will be a lot to keep you occupied and they are looking forward to welcoming on the team someone with fresh ideas and expertise.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the IT systems and provide day-to-day IT support to the business at Head Office and across all sites (remote and in person). Managing the information technology and computer system needs. To ensure the IT systems are robust and secure and allow the business to operate efficiently and with minimal disruption.
Document Management System - Microsoft 365s SharePoint
· Management of both SharePoint sites
· Building libraries, setting permissions and authorising user access to libraries
· Conducting audit and compliance for the SharePoint sites, ensuring safeguards against potential threats to the sites
General IT duties
· Purchasing IT equipment (laptops/printers) and building user devices with applicable software programmes and licences for new users and new site set ups
· Liaising with third-party IT companies (e.g. Microsoft)
· Managing IT accounts and other external systems
· Cyber Essential Accreditation (monitor and maintain), as well as looking after the organisation Information Security Management processes, procedures and reporting systems
· Producing and taking ownership of the IT policies for the company and ensuring they are being implemented effectively
· Manage mobile phone set up and usage
· Act as primary contact for insurance of equipment and cyber security
· Take ownership of website and social media security protocols
· Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures. Ensure there is an effective recovery plan in place in case of a major incident
· Conducting regular system checks and audits
· Primary contact with external IT support
· Management of the Asset Register
· Responsibility for new user passwords and implementation of group password policies
· Managing the renewal and purchase of software applications for users and ensuring licences are in place, including license compliance to ensure effective cost control
· Managing the IT Mailbox for all troubleshooting queries.
· Providing IT and Information Security training to new members of staff when they join
· Updating policies and creating new policies as necessary
· Accountability for the day-to-day IT Budget
· Maintaining a safe and secure working environment
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
· Previous experience of running an in-house IT function
· Good level of technical IT knowledge, knowledge of MS Office 365 / Azure would be an advantage.
· Good people engagement and communication skills
· Previous role in IT Support would be advantageous
· Able to work well under pressure
· Organised with attention to detail
· Understanding and knowledge of developing budgets
· Flexible and able to travel to sites
· Ideally a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a computer field or equivalent
· Relevant professional qualification (Prince 2, CISSP, etc.) would be an advantage
· Would ideally suit an Infrastructure Consultant who wants to progress
Hours of work: 08.00 - 5.30 Monday to Friday
Holidays: 28 days (incl. bank holidays) + 1 day for birthday
Probation period: 6 months
Additional benefits: Pension and Health Insurance (eligible after probation period)
Professional subscription ( if candidate obtains relevant professional qualification)