Process Plant Engineering Manager
Mechanical & Electrical knowledge
Our client is a Medium engineering / process plant producing an RDF material from clinical waste at hospital sites. Reporting to the Technical Manager and General Manager, the Plant Manager will manage the day to day plant operations in accordance with license obligations, Operating Procedures and Health & Safety Procedures, including KPI Targets, business objectives and overall management of site[s] personnel. This is a hands-on engineering / operations role based in London.
Person requirements for Plant Engineering Manager:
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
* Significant engineering experience with associated qualifications e.g. HNC / HND in mechanical engineering, 17th Edition Electrical an advantage
* Heavy process plant experience and management of associated Health, Safety and Environmental concerns
* Excellent man management experience with associated communication skills for staff and customers
* An understanding on waste legislation, studying for WAMITAB or willing to complete this with the Client
* Technical expertise with the capability of undertaking running repairs, contractor control and permit to work.
* Good knowledge of IT e.g. Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Plant Manager - Main Tasks and Accountabilities:
* Supervisory management of site personnel inc team leaders and maintenance technician
* Provide out of hours assistance to the site via phone, site visits and utilisation of the maintenance technician
* Co-ordination of PPR to all personnel
* Supporting the logistics department
* Maintain continuity of operations in line with license and H&S requirements and on site PPC permit including liaison with Environment Agency
* Manage operation spending and budgets
* Liaison with customers and regulators as required
* Manage Plant Admin in conjunction with admin personnel
* Assist with Recruitment and Discipline
* Support Staff Training and associated records
* Organise staff occupational health checks
* Organise site maintenance in conjunction with engineering team and general manager
* Organise and supervise external contractors at all times
* Prioritise operations
* Organise and record statutory calibration and testing
* Report all accidents in a timely manner, investigate and manage incident reporting in line with Company procedures
* Maximise plant utilisation especially during planned and unplanned maintenance
* Support Safety representatives on site as necessary
* Plan and implement plant improvements in conjunction with General Manager
* Authorised signatory for the business within authorised limits
* Compile and authorise Risk Assessments
* To respond to call outs in a timely manner
* Assist on other group sites when requested
Location: Middlesex, London.
As a Plant Engineering Manager working with this company, you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary You will also be entitled to an excellent range of benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application.