Working for an established and successful manufacturing company in East Kent, you will be an experienced CNC Setter/Operator and will be working as part of a team to manufacture precision components
The main duties will include:
* Setting/Operating 3 and 4 Axis CNC Milling machines
* Operating 2 and 3 Axis CNC Turning machines
* Reading and interpreting engineering drawings to produce high precision mechanical components
* Setting up work-holding and tool-holding whilst adhering to standard operating procedures
* Ensuring any problems encountered are highlighted and assist in the resolution
* Highlight process improvements in the processes
Ideally, to apply, you will be educated to OND/BTEC in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent ), preferably be a time-served Apprentice in Mechanical /Production Engineering with experience in setting/operating CNC machinery and working with, and the production of, precision components. You will have an understanding of producing and measuring precision components to tight tolerances and understand principles of G code CNC programmes.
Knowledge of Fanuc and/or Heidenhain controls is essential along with an understanding of CMM equipments and quality assurance procedures to include ISO 9001 standards.