Whilst this is a very difficult time for a lot of people, we are still trying to assist those companies who have critical roles to fill within their organisation. Our Global leader in their field is looking to appoint a Procurement Specialist to join the business to deliver a procurement strategy across their multi-national organisation in order to achieve positive change and meet/exceed targets.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will manage all aspects of purchasing efficiently and cost-effectively support organisational operations. Lead all group supplier negotiations for assigned categories and manage on going partnerships.
* Establish and implement procurement policies, procedures and best practices whilst monitoring ongoing compliance with local, national and global ethics, corporate social responsibility and legislative requirements.
* Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity, environmental and reliability when identifying and sourcing new suppliers and vendors. Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
* Develop, negotiate and administer agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organisational requirements. Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organisational policies.
* Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases.
* Ensure stock values are kept within agreed boundaries.
* Review purchase requests for proper authorisation and compliance with organisational policy and procedures.
* Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organisational needs and market conditions.
What you can expect in return - highly competitive salary, bonus, contributory Health Care, Pension, Xmas Bonus and continuous professional development.
The person will have demonstrable experience within the procurement arena, educated to degree level with CIPS or other relevant qualification. A results driven procurement professional, with a proven track record preferably within the chemical industry, with an ability to negotiate multi-million pound contracts across all continents, communicating successfully with all levels throughout the company.
International travel will be a requirement with this fantastic new role.
For confidential chat, call today.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.