Hardware Development Engineer
Our client is currently expanding its UK operation, creating an exciting opportunity to assist in the further development of their state-of-the-art products. We are seeking motivated and creative Senior Hardware Development Engineers keen to learn and contribute to the development of new products.
Specifically, they are seeking a multidisciplinary embedded hardware / FPGA engineer to develop state of the art video processing, distribution and interfacing systems.
The ideal candidate will have responsibilities including, design and test for digital video processing products using application processors and FPGAs.
The candidate would be responsible for board level design entailing researching/specifying components, schematic development, guidance of PCB layout for high-speed signal integrity, board bring-up and hardware debug. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be responsible for FPGA IP development and integration of video processing, distribution and control logic. This includes integration of vendor or locally produced IP, logic and algorithm implementation in RTL, constraint management, synthesis, place&route, simulation, test and debug using the latest FPGA development tools. The successful candidate will work well in a collaborative environment with other engineers, project managers and product managers throughout the design cycles.
Benefits for the role of Senior Hardware Development Engineer - Embedded / FPGA include;
20 days holiday rising throughout service
Company Pension and Sick Pay.
There is great scope for professional development; to be trained and involved in various other projects.
Qualified candidates for the role of Senior Hardware Development Engineer - Embedded / FPGA will have:
· Thorough knowledge and experience with: High Speed Digital electronics; FPGA technology including VHDL; Microprocessor systems; DDR3/4 Memories
· Embedded design experience including a working knowledge of low level hardware and systems
· Experience with analogue electronics
· Familiarity with CAE tools
· UK First Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in electronics or other relevant subject
· Minimum of 5 years hardware design engineering experience
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Good interpersonal skills, able to work co-operatively in a team environment
Tasks and Responsibilities for the role of Senior Hardware Development Engineer:
· Work with managers and senior technical staff to develop digital products and their associated designs
· Gain detailed knowledge and understanding of existing designs. Support and maintain existing products
· Produce clear and concise design documentation of hardware designs
· Able to work to a project plan, tracking progress, identifying risks, anticipating delays and communicating such to the project leader
· Be prepared to travel internationally
· Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed
Apply for the role of Senior Hardware Development Engineer - Embedded / FPGA today!